A very Faustian choice is upon us: whether to accept our corrosive and risky behavior as the unavoidable price of population and economic growth, or to take stock of ourselves and search for a new environmental ethic.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?
- » We should preserve every scrap of biodiversity as priceless while we learn
- » Perhaps the time has come to cease calling it the “environmentalist” view
- » The human mind evolved to believe in the gods. It did not evolve to believe in biology.
- » There is no better high than discovery.
- » It’s like having astronomy without knowing where the stars are.
- » It’s obvious that the key problem facing humanity in the coming century is how