All the poet can do today is warn. That is why true Poets must be truthful.
More Wilfred Owen Quotes
- Shall Life renew these bodies? Of a truth All death will he annul, all tears assuage?
- Flying is the only active profession I would ever continue with enthusiasm after the War.
- After all my years of playing soldiers, and then of reading History, I have almost a mania to
- My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity.
- I find purer philosophy in a Poem than in a Conclusion of Geometry, a chemical analysis, or a physical law.
- A Poem does not grow by jerks. As trees in Spring produce a new ring of tissue, so does
- Never fear: Thank Home, and Poetry, and the Force behind both.
- The war effects me less than it ought. I can do no service to anybody by agitating for
- Numbers of the old people cannot read. Those who can seldom do.