Allow the president to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such a purpose — and you allow him to make war at pleasure.
More Abraham Lincoln Quotes
- I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.
- In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God.
- You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.
- Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
- I am not bound to succeed, but i am bound to live up to what light i have.
- I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes…
- If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.
- If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might
- The highest art is always the most religious, and the greatest artist is always a devout person.