I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell.
More Harry S. Truman Quotes
- In my opinion eight years as president is enough and sometimes too much for any man to serve in that capacity.
- It’s plain hokum. If you can’t convince ‘em, confuse ‘em. It’s an old political trick. But this time it won’t work.
- Wherever you have an efficient government you have a dictatorship.
- The Marine Corps is the Navy’s police force and as long as I am President that is what it will remain.
- You know that being an American is more than a matter of where your parents came from.
- ‘Sartor Resartus’ is simply unreadable, and for me that always sort of spoils a book.
- I’ve said many a time that I think the Un-American Activities Committee…
- You can never get all the facts from just one newspaper,
- The human animal cannot be trusted for anything good except en masse.