If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.
- » It’s obvious that the key problem facing humanity in the coming century is how
- » Political ideology can corrupt the mind, and science.
- » The human mind evolved to believe in the gods. It did not evolve to believe in biology.
- » People need a sacred narrative. They must have a sense of larger purpose
- » A very Faustian choice is upon us: whether to accept our corrosive and risky
- » To the extent that philosophical positions both confuse us and close doors