If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » It’s obvious that the key problem facing humanity in the coming century is how
- » Blind faith, no matter how passionately expressed, will not suffice.
- » Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.
- » The human mind evolved to believe in the gods. It did not evolve to believe in biology.
- » Even as empiricism is winning the mind, transcendentalism continues to win the heart.
- » True character arises from a deeper well than religion.
- » If those committed to the quest fail, they will be forgiven.