If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » A very Faustian choice is upon us: whether to accept our corrosive and risky
- » It’s obvious that the key problem facing humanity in the coming century is how
- » The essence of humanity’s spiritual dilemma is that we evolved
- » Political ideology can corrupt the mind, and science.
- » Old beliefs die hard even when demonstrably false.
- » We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom.
- » It’s like having astronomy without knowing where the stars are.