If history and science have taught us anything, it is that passion and desire are not the same as truth.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » The human mind evolved to believe in the gods. It did not evolve to believe in biology.
- » There is no better high than discovery.
- » To the extent that philosophical positions both confuse us and close doors
- » We should preserve every scrap of biodiversity as priceless while we learn
- » The historical circumstance of interest is that the tropical rain forests have persisted
- » Blind faith, no matter how passionately expressed, will not suffice.
- » Political ideology can corrupt the mind, and science.