If those committed to the quest fail, they will be forgiven. When lost, they will find another way. The moral imperative of humanism is the endeavor alone, whether successful or not, provided the effort is honorable and failure memorable.
More E. O. Wilson Quotes
- » Without a trace of irony I can say I have been blessed with brilliant enemies.
- » Perhaps the time has come to cease calling it the “environmentalist” view
- » A very Faustian choice is upon us: whether to accept our corrosive and risky
- » Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.
- » Blind faith, no matter how passionately expressed, will not suffice.
- » Political ideology can corrupt the mind, and science.
- » Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?