If those committed to the quest fail, they will be forgiven. When lost, they will find another way. The moral imperative of humanism is the endeavor alone, whether successful or not, provided the effort is honorable and failure memorable.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » Political ideology can corrupt the mind, and science.
- » When you have seen one ant, one bird, one tree, you have not seen them all.
- » To the extent that philosophical positions both confuse us and close doors
- » Blind faith, no matter how passionately expressed, will not suffice.
- » The essence of humanity’s spiritual dilemma is that we evolved
- » Old beliefs die hard even when demonstrably false.
- » It’s obvious that the key problem facing humanity in the coming century is how