It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of truth.
More John Locke Quotes
- The actions of men are the best interpreters of their thoughts.
- It is of great use to the sailor to know the length of his line,
- Where there is no property there is no injustice.
- To love truth for truth’s sake is the principal part of human perfection in this world,
- There cannot be greater rudeness than to interrupt another in the current of his discourse.
- Liberty is to be free from restraint and violence from others.
- The dread of evil is a much more forcible principle of human actions than the prospect of good.
- I find every sect, as far as reason will help them, make use of it gladly;
- Where there is no desire, there will be no industry.