It is the awareness of unfulfilled desires which gives a nation the feeling that it has a mission and a destiny.
More Eric Hoffer Quotes
- It would be difficult to exaggerate the degree to which we are influenced by those we influence.
- The weakness of a soul is proportionate to the number of truths that must be kept from it.
- The misery of a child is interesting to a mother, the misery of a young man is interesting to a young woman,
- To know a person’s religion we need not listen to his profession of faith but must find his brand of intolerance.
- Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves.
- There is no loneliness greater than the loneliness of a failure. The failure is a stranger in his own house.
- The savior who wants to turn men into angels is as much a hater of human nature…
- Whenever you trace the origin of a skill or practices which played a crucial role in the ascent of man,
- Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength.