Nature abhors a vacuum, and if I can only walk with sufficient carelessness I am sure to be filled.
More Quotes by Henry David Thoreau
- » Beware all enterprises that require new clothes.
- » I have a great deal of company in the house, especially in the morning when nobody calls.
- » Great men, unknown to their generation, have their fame among the great who have preceded them,
- » If it is surely the means to the highest end we know,
- » If a man is alive, there is always danger that he may die, though the danger must be allowed to….
- » It is too late to be studying Hebrew; it is more important to understand even the slang of today.
- » It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?