Nature abhors a vacuum, and if I can only walk with sufficient carelessness I am sure to be filled.
More Quotes by Henry David Thoreau
- » I was determined to know beans.
- » Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
- » The youth gets together this material to build a bridge to the moon…
- » It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?
- » How could youths better learn to live than by at once trying the experiment of living?
- » The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
- » My profession is always to be alert, to find God in nature, to know God’s lurking places…