Nature abhors a vacuum, and if I can only walk with sufficient carelessness I am sure to be filled.
More Quotes by Henry David Thoreau
- » There is one consolation in being sick;
- » Nature and human life are as various as our several constitutions. Who shall say what prospect life offers to another?
- » Truths and roses have thorns about them.
- » No face which we can give to a matter will stead us so well at last as the truth. This alone wears well.
- » There are moments when all anxiety and stated toil are becalmed in the infinite leisure and repose of nature.
- » Happiness Is Like Butterfly
- » Every creature is better alive than dead, men and moose and pine trees,