Nature abhors a vacuum, and if I can only walk with sufficient carelessness I am sure to be filled.
More Quotes by Henry David Thoreau
- » The youth gets together his materials to build a bridge to the moon,
- » If I knew for a certainty that a man was coming to my house with the conscious design of doing me good,
- » It is the greatest of all advantages to enjoy no advantage at all.
- » The world is but a canvas to the imagination.
- » All men are children, and of one family. The same tale sends them all to bed, and wakes them in the morning.
- » Those whom we can love, we can hate; to others we are indifferent.
- » This world is but a canvas to our imagination.