Nature abhors a vacuum, and if I can only walk with sufficient carelessness I am sure to be filled.
More Quotes by Henry David Thoreau
- » Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.
- » The keeping of bees, for instance.
- » Our life is frittered away by detail… simplify, simplify.
- » Alas! how little does the memory of these human inhabitants enhance the beauty of the landscape!
- » Shall a man go and hang himself because he belongs to the race of pygmies, and not be the biggest pygmy that he can?
- » After the first blush of sin comes its indifference.
- » I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society.