Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
More Quotes by Ambrose Bierce
- » Heaven lies about us in our infancy and the world begins lying about us pretty soon afterward.
- » There are four kinds of Homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy.
- » When you doubt, abstain.
- » Positive, adj.: Mistaken at the top of one’s voice.
- » Consult: To seek approval for a course of action already decided upon.
- » He makes his failure certain by himself being the first person to be convinced of it.
- » Admiration, n. Our polite recognition of another’s resemblance to ourselves.