Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
More Quotes by Ambrose Bierce
- » Present, n. That part of eternity dividing the domain of disappointment from the realm of hope.
- » While your friend holds you affectionately by both your hands, you are safe, for you can watch both his.
- » Meekness: Uncommon patience in planning a revenge that is worth while.
- » Alien – an American sovereign in his probationary state.
- » Clairvoyant, n.: A person, commonly a woman, who has the power of seeing
- » Amnesty, n. The state’s magnanimity to those offenders whom it would be
- » Conservative: a statesman who is enamoured of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal…