Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
More Quotes by Ambrose Bierce
- » To apologize is to lay the foundation for a future offense.
- » Battle, n., A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would not yield to the tongue.
- » Perseverance, n. A lowly virtue whereby mediocrity achieves an inglorious success.
- » Experience is a revelation in the light of which we renounce our errors of youth for those of age.
- » Bore, n. A person who talks when you wish him to listen.
- » Ardor, n. The quality that distinguishes love without knowledge.
- » Bride: A woman with a fine prospect of happiness behind her.