Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
More Quotes by Ambrose Bierce
- » He makes his failure certain by himself being the first person to be convinced of it.
- » Enthusiasm – a distemper of youth, curable by small doses of repentance
- » The covers of this book are too far apart.
- » BATH, n. A kind of mystic ceremony substituted for religious worship, with what spiritual efficacy has not been determined.
- » It is evident that skepticism, while it makes no actual change in man
- » Success is the one unpardonable sin against our fellows.
- » What is a democrat? One who believes that the republicans have ruined the country.