The essence of humanity’s spiritual dilemma is that we evolved genetically to accept one truth and discovered another. Is there a way to erase the dilemma, to resolve the contradictions between the transcendentalist and the empiricist world views?
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » Every major religion today is a winner in the Darwinian struggle waged among
- » The human mind evolved to believe in the gods. It did not evolve to believe in biology.
- » If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich
- » A very Faustian choice is upon us: whether to accept our corrosive and risky
- » It’s obvious that the key problem facing humanity in the coming century is how
- » To the extent that philosophical positions both confuse us and close doors
- » Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.