The essence of humanity’s spiritual dilemma is that we evolved genetically to accept one truth and discovered another. Is there a way to erase the dilemma, to resolve the contradictions between the transcendentalist and the empiricist world views?
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » True character arises from a deeper well than religion.
- » It’s like having astronomy without knowing where the stars are.
- » The historical circumstance of interest is that the tropical rain forests have persisted
- » Political ideology can corrupt the mind, and science.
- » There is no better high than discovery.
- » You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you
- » The human mind evolved to believe in the gods. It did not evolve to believe in biology.