The essence of humanity’s spiritual dilemma is that we evolved genetically to accept one truth and discovered another. Is there a way to erase the dilemma, to resolve the contradictions between the transcendentalist and the empiricist world views?
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » When you have seen one ant, one bird, one tree, you have not seen them all.
- » It’s like having astronomy without knowing where the stars are.
- » Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?
- » True character arises from a deeper well than religion.
- » If history and science have taught us anything, it is that passion and desire are not the same as truth.
- » Political ideology can corrupt the mind, and science.
- » Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.