The essence of humanity’s spiritual dilemma is that we evolved genetically to accept one truth and discovered another. Is there a way to erase the dilemma, to resolve the contradictions between the transcendentalist and the empiricist world views?
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » Old beliefs die hard even when demonstrably false.
- » Political ideology can corrupt the mind, and science.
- » If those committed to the quest fail, they will be forgiven.
- » When you have seen one ant, one bird, one tree, you have not seen them all.
- » Blind faith, no matter how passionately expressed, will not suffice.
- » If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich
- » The human mind evolved to believe in the gods. It did not evolve to believe in biology.