The essence of humanity’s spiritual dilemma is that we evolved genetically to accept one truth and discovered another. Is there a way to erase the dilemma, to resolve the contradictions between the transcendentalist and the empiricist world views?
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » It’s like having astronomy without knowing where the stars are.
- » Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.
- » The historical circumstance of interest is that the tropical rain forests have persisted
- » Perhaps the time has come to cease calling it the “environmentalist” view
- » It’s obvious that the key problem facing humanity in the coming century is how
- » If history and science have taught us anything, it is that passion and desire are not the same as truth.
- » There is no better high than discovery.