The historical circumstance of interest is that the tropical rain forests have persisted over broad parts of the continents since their origins as stronghold of the flowering plants 150 million years ago.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » People need a sacred narrative. They must have a sense of larger purpose
- » If those committed to the quest fail, they will be forgiven.
- » Political ideology can corrupt the mind, and science.
- » Blind faith, no matter how passionately expressed, will not suffice.
- » The essence of humanity’s spiritual dilemma is that we evolved
- » If history and science have taught us anything, it is that passion and desire are not the same as truth.
- » It’s like having astronomy without knowing where the stars are.