The historical circumstance of interest is that the tropical rain forests have persisted over broad parts of the continents since their origins as stronghold of the flowering plants 150 million years ago.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » A very Faustian choice is upon us: whether to accept our corrosive and risky
- » If history and science have taught us anything, it is that passion and desire are not the same as truth.
- » People need a sacred narrative. They must have a sense of larger purpose
- » Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.
- » Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong.
- » The essence of humanity’s spiritual dilemma is that we evolved
- » Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?