The historical circumstance of interest is that the tropical rain forests have persisted over broad parts of the continents since their origins as stronghold of the flowering plants 150 million years ago.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » Old beliefs die hard even when demonstrably false.
- » If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich
- » To the extent that philosophical positions both confuse us and close doors
- » There is no better high than discovery.
- » Even as empiricism is winning the mind, transcendentalism continues to win the heart.
- » We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom.
- » If those committed to the quest fail, they will be forgiven.