The historical circumstance of interest is that the tropical rain forests have persisted over broad parts of the continents since their origins as stronghold of the flowering plants 150 million years ago.
More E. O. Wilson Quotes
- People need a sacred narrative. They must have a sense of larger purpose
- The human mind evolved to believe in the gods. It did not evolve to believe in biology.
- It’s like having astronomy without knowing where the stars are.
- True character arises from a deeper well than religion.
- Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong.
- If those committed to the quest fail, they will be forgiven.
- If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich
- The essence of humanity’s spiritual dilemma is that we evolved
- Perhaps the time has come to cease calling it the “environmentalist” view