The historical circumstance of interest is that the tropical rain forests have persisted over broad parts of the continents since their origins as stronghold of the flowering plants 150 million years ago.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » By any reasonable measure of achievement, the faith of the Enlightenment thinkers in science was justified.
- » To the extent that philosophical positions both confuse us and close doors
- » Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.
- » If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich
- » The human mind evolved to believe in the gods. It did not evolve to believe in biology.
- » Perhaps the time has come to cease calling it the “environmentalist” view
- » Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong.