The historical circumstance of interest is that the tropical rain forests have persisted over broad parts of the continents since their origins as stronghold of the flowering plants 150 million years ago.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » A very Faustian choice is upon us: whether to accept our corrosive and risky
- » We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom.
- » Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.
- » It’s obvious that the key problem facing humanity in the coming century is how
- » There is no better high than discovery.
- » If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich
- » By any reasonable measure of achievement, the faith of the Enlightenment thinkers in science was justified.