The historical circumstance of interest is that the tropical rain forests have persisted over broad parts of the continents since their origins as stronghold of the flowering plants 150 million years ago.
More E. O. Wilson Quotes
- » It’s obvious that the key problem facing humanity in the coming century is how
- » Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong.
- » It’s like having astronomy without knowing where the stars are.
- » Blind faith, no matter how passionately expressed, will not suffice.
- » Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.
- » If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich
- » The human mind evolved to believe in the gods. It did not evolve to believe in biology.