The historical circumstance of interest is that the tropical rain forests have persisted over broad parts of the continents since their origins as stronghold of the flowering plants 150 million years ago.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich
- » Blind faith, no matter how passionately expressed, will not suffice.
- » Perhaps the time has come to cease calling it the “environmentalist” view
- » The essence of humanity’s spiritual dilemma is that we evolved
- » It’s like having astronomy without knowing where the stars are.
- » Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong.
- » If those committed to the quest fail, they will be forgiven.