The historical circumstance of interest is that the tropical rain forests have persisted over broad parts of the continents since their origins as stronghold of the flowering plants 150 million years ago.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich
- » It’s obvious that the key problem facing humanity in the coming century is how
- » The one process now going on that will take millions of years to correct is the loss
- » By any reasonable measure of achievement, the faith of the Enlightenment thinkers in science was justified.
- » Even as empiricism is winning the mind, transcendentalism continues to win the heart.
- » Every major religion today is a winner in the Darwinian struggle waged among
- » Perhaps the time has come to cease calling it the “environmentalist” view