The manager asks how and when; the leader asks what and why.
More Warren G. Bennis Quotes
- Trust is the lubrication that makes it possible for organizations to work.
- There are two ways of being creative. One can sing and dance.
- Leaders must encourage their organizations to dance to forms of music yet to be heard.
- Good leaders make people feel that they’re at the very heart of things, not at the periphery.
- You need people who can walk their companies into the future rather than back them into the future.
- People who cannot invent and reinvent themselves must be content with borrowed postures,
- Leadership has become a heavy industry. Concern and interest about leadership
- The manager has his eye on the bottom line; the leader has his eye on the horizon.
- Failing organizations are usually over-managed and under-led.