The only immorality is not to do what one has to do when one has to do it.
More Jean Anouilh Quotes
- Life is a wonderful thing to talk about, or to read about in history books – but it is terrible when one has to live it.
- Propaganda is a soft weapon; hold it in your hands too long, and it will move about like a snake…
- Life has a way of setting things in order and leaving them be. Very tidy, is life.
- Love is, above all, the gift of oneself.
- It is easy to say no, even if saying no means death.
- A good actor must never be in love with anyone but himself.
- All evil comes from the old.They grow fat on ideas and young men die of them.
- What you get free costs too much.
- There is love of course. And then there’s life, its enemy.