The poor don’t know that their function in life is to exercise our generosity.
More Jean-Paul Sartre Quotes
- Like all dreamers I confuse disenchantment with truth.
- I confused things with their names: that is belief.
- What do I care about Jupiter? Justice is a human issue, and I do not need a god to teach it to me.
- The best work is not what is most difficult for you; it is what you do best.
- The writer is committed when he plunges to the very depths of himself with the intent to disclose…
- Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth.
- Words are loaded pistols.
- There are two types of poor people, those who are poor together and those who are poor alone.
- There is only one day left, always starting over: it is given to us at dawn and taken away from us at dusk.