The young people look great on television. They’re youthful and have a lot of zip and energy, but when you see them live, they can only do about 20 minutes because they haven’t got the training to hold an audience for an hour and a half or so.
More Tony Bennett Quotes
- » I think one of the reasons I’m popular again is because I’m wearing a tie. You have to be different.
- » I still insist that American performers are the best performers in the world.
- » I have a simple life. I mean, you just give me a drum roll, they announce my name
- » I’ve been so fortunate because I never really had ups and downs as far as my career.
- » I know the history of the record business so well because I followed Billie Holiday
- » More than anybody else I’d like to thank Count Basie for teaching me how to perform.
- » To work is to feel alive.