The young people look great on television. They’re youthful and have a lot of zip and energy, but when you see them live, they can only do about 20 minutes because they haven’t got the training to hold an audience for an hour and a half or so.
More Quotes by Tony Bennett
- » More than anybody else I’d like to thank Count Basie for teaching me how to perform.
- » I have a simple life. I mean, you just give me a drum roll, they announce my name
- » To work is to feel alive.
- » I still insist that American performers are the best performers in the world.
- » I know the history of the record business so well because I followed Billie Holiday
- » I think one of the reasons I’m popular again is because I’m wearing a tie. You have to be different.
- » I’ve been so fortunate because I never really had ups and downs as far as my career.