There was a time when a fool and his money were soon parted, but now it happens to everybody.
More Adlai E. Stevenson Quotes
- I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends…
- What a man knows at fifty that he did not know at twenty is for the most part incommunicable.
- It’s hard to lead a cavalry charge if you think you look funny on a horse.
- For my part I believe in the forgiveness of sin and the redemption of ignorance.
- Laws are never as effective as habits.
- Flattery is all right – if you don’t inhale.
- It should call attention to the subject without making any particular effort to cover it.
- It seems to me that government is like a pump,
- Let’s talk sense to the American people. Let’s tell them the truth, that there are no gains without pains.