To write is to become disinterested. There is a certain renunciation in art.
More Albert Camus Quotes
- Man is an idea, and a precious small idea once he turns his back on love.
- Every man needs slaves like he needs clean air. To rule is to breathe, is it not?
- The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants
- A free press can, of course, be good or bad, but, most certainly without freedom
- Men are convinced of your arguments, your sincerity, and the seriousness of your efforts only by your death.
- An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself.
- We are all special cases.
- Truly fertile Music, the only kind that will move us, that we shall truly appreciate
- The myth of unlimited production brings war in its train as inevitably as clouds announce a storm.