When a man dies he clutches in his hands only that which he has given away during his lifetime.
More Jean-Jacques Rousseau Quotes
- A feeble body weakens the mind.
- Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
- Religious persecutors are not believers, they are rascals.
- Every man has the right to risk his own life in order to preserve it.
- No man has any natural authority over his fellow men.
- No true believer could be intolerant or a persecutor.
- We do not know what is really good or bad fortune.
- O love, if I regret the age when one savors you, it is not for the hour of pleasure,
- Nature never deceives us; it is we who deceive ourselves.