When you have once seen the glow of happiness on the face of a beloved person, you know that a man can have no vocation but to awaken that light on the faces surrounding him; and you are torn by the thought of the unhappiness and night you cast, by the mere fact of living, in the hearts you encounter.
More Albert Camus Quotes
- Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
- All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
- We used to wonder where war lived, what it was that made it so vile.
- There is the good and the bad, the great and the low, the just and the unjust.
- Methods of thought which claim to give the lead to our world in the name of revolution
- Truly fertile Music, the only kind that will move us, that we shall truly appreciate
- There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.
- Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear.
- Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is.