Work alone is noble.
More Quotes by Thomas Carlyle
- » The end of man is action, and not thought, though it be noblest.
- » A well-written life is almost as rare as a well-spent one.
- » No amount of ability is of the slightest avail without honor.
- » Man’s unhappiness, as I construe, comes of his greatness;
- » The eye sees what it brings the power to see.
- » A person who is gifted sees the essential point and leaves the rest as surplus.
- » Silence is the element in which great things fashion themselves together.