By any reasonable measure of achievement, the faith of the Enlightenment thinkers in science was justified.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » Political ideology can corrupt the mind, and science.
- » The historical circumstance of interest is that the tropical rain forests have persisted
- » Even as empiricism is winning the mind, transcendentalism continues to win the heart.
- » People need a sacred narrative. They must have a sense of larger purpose
- » We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom.
- » To the extent that philosophical positions both confuse us and close doors
- » Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong.