By any reasonable measure of achievement, the faith of the Enlightenment thinkers in science was justified.
More Quotes by E. O. Wilson
- » Every major religion today is a winner in the Darwinian struggle waged among
- » We should preserve every scrap of biodiversity as priceless while we learn
- » Blind faith, no matter how passionately expressed, will not suffice.
- » Old beliefs die hard even when demonstrably false.
- » A very Faustian choice is upon us: whether to accept our corrosive and risky
- » Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong.
- » If those committed to the quest fail, they will be forgiven.