By any reasonable measure of achievement, the faith of the Enlightenment thinkers in science was justified.
More E. O. Wilson Quotes
- A very Faustian choice is upon us: whether to accept our corrosive and risky
- When you have seen one ant, one bird, one tree, you have not seen them all.
- There is no better high than discovery.
- If history and science have taught us anything, it is that passion and desire are not the same as truth.
- Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.
- We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom.
- It’s like having astronomy without knowing where the stars are.
- To the extent that philosophical positions both confuse us and close doors
- Old beliefs die hard even when demonstrably false.